Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) (1) It shall be unlawful to keep fowl within the corporate city limits of the city.
(2) Exception. High School FFA projects shall be allowed on school property only. Fowl shall be permitted in agriculturally zoned areas.
(B) (1) Any person, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other legal entity intending or desiring to keep and maintain livestock within the corporate limits of the city shall, prior to placing livestock upon their premises, obtain a permit hereinafter referred to as a "livestock specific use permit."
(2) Exception. High School FFA projects do not require livestock specific use permits but shall be allowed on school property only. Livestock specific use permits shall not be required in agriculturally zoned areas.
(C) The owner of any such livestock, as those terms have heretofore been defined, shall make application for a livestock specific use permit to the City Secretary, which application shall contain the following information:
(1) The applicant's name, residence telephone number, mailing address and business telephone number;
(2) The date of the application;
(3) The property address where the livestock will be kept and maintained;
(4) The nature of the lot and its size by dimension;
(5) The zoning district wherein said lot is located;
(6) The name of the owner of the property whereupon the livestock will be kept and his or her mailing address;
(7) Full and adequate information sufficient to determine the distance of the livestock from the nearest dwelling other than the dwelling of the owner of the livestock and sufficient to determine the number of square feet to be used by the livestock;
(8) The number and description of the livestock; and
(9) Any other pertinent and relevant information pertaining to all or any of the above specifics.
(D) The applicant shall sign a certificate under oath verifying the information provided by him or her and acknowledging the city's right to revoke the livestock specific use permit for violation of all or any portion of the terms of this section.
(Ord. 656, passed 1-7-2008) Penalty, see § 91.999