Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this subchapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
CURFEW HOURS. Include:
(1) From 11:00 p.m. on any Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday until 6:00 a.m. of the following day; and
(2) From 12:01 a.m. until 6:00 a.m. on any Saturday or Sunday.
EMERGENCY. An unforeseen combination of circumstances or the resulting state that calls for immediate action. The term includes, but is not limited to, a fire, a natural disaster, an automobile accident, or any situation requiring immediate action to prevent serious bodily injury or loss of life.
ESTABLISHMENT. Any privately owned place of business operated for a profit to which the public is invited, including but not limited to any place of amusement or entertainment.
(1) A person who, under court order, is the guardian or conservator of the person of a minor; or
(2) A public or private agency with whom a minor has been placed by a court.
MINOR. Any person under 17 years of age.
OFFICER. A police officer.
OPERATOR. Any individual, firm, association, partnership, or corporation operating, managing, or conducting any establishment. The term includes the members or partners of an association or partnership and the officers of a corporation.
PARENT. A person who is:
(1) A natural parent, adoptive parent, or stepparent of another person; or
(2) At least 18 years of age and authorized by a parent or guardian to have the care and custody of a minor.
PUBLIC PLACE. Any place to which the public or a substantial group of the public has access, including, but not limited to, streets, highways, and the common areas of schools, hospitals, apartment houses, office buildings, transport facilities, and shops.
(1) Linger or stay; or
(2) Fail to leave premises when requested to do so by an officer or the owner, operator, or other person in control of the premises.
SERIOUS BODILY INJURY. Bodily injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes death, serious permanent disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.
(Ord. 311, passed 12-19-1994)