Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Costs Incurred:
1. Farr West City provides the ability to rent the Senior Citizen Center for family type gatherings, nonprofit organizations and youth groups and the organized senior citizen groups.
2. In providing such space for rent the city incurs costs both for the utilities provided and the cleaning and maintaining of the facilities.
3. The city will require a rental fee and cleaning and security deposit for any person(s) reserving the senior center or any part of it.
B. Fees And Deposit:
1. The city council deems it necessary to charge the responsible party a nonrefundable rental fee and deposit as prescribed in the fee schedule (see title 3, chapter 3.30 of this code).
2. The rental fees shall be payable to the city at the time of making the reservation and the reservation will not be complete until the fee is paid.
3. The cleaning and security deposit shall be payable to the city by a separate form of payment from the rental fees and shall be payable upon picking up the keys to the facilities.
C. Cleaning And Security Deposit Refund:
1. The cleaning and security deposit shall be promptly refunded the next business day, contingent that the facilities are left clean and neat, garbage has been taken out, items used have been put back in place or returned, no damages have occurred, refrigerator has been emptied, nothing has been lost or stolen and all keys have been returned.
2. Any costs exceeding the cleaning and security deposit shall be payable by the responsible party including legal and collection fees.
D. Time Limit; Additional Charge:
1. The city council deems it necessary to allow a maximum hours of occupancy for rental of any of the facilities not to exceed eight (8) hours and the facilities must be vacant no later than twelve o'clock (12:00) midnight.
2. The city council deems it necessary to charge an additional amount (see fee schedule) for every hour that exceeds the eight (8) hour maximum limit. (Ord. 2012-02: Res. 04-02)