Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Application for renewal of an alarm business license shall be made at least every two years within thirty days immediately preceding January 1 of every other year, and such application shall be accompanied by a nonrefundable fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00). Applicants for renewal may continue to do business while their renewal application is being processed.
(b) Licenses for alarm businesses may not be renewed by the Police Alarm Administrator if the licensee or any of its owners, partners or principal corporate officers, or the individual having the authority and responsibility for the management and operation of the alarm business within the City, is:
(1) Found to have violated any of the provisions of this chapter or any rule or regulation of the Police Alarm Administrator, which violation the Police Alarm Administrator determines to reflect unfavorably upon the fitness of the licensee to engage in the alarm business;
(2) Found to have knowingly and willfully given any false information of a material nature in connection with an application for a license, or a renewal or reinstatement of a license, or in a notice or transfer of an alarm business licensed under this chapter;
(3) Found to have been convicted in any jurisdiction of a felony or a misdemeanor, if the Police Alarm Administrator determines that such conviction reflects unfavorably on the fitness of the applicant to engage in the alarm business;
(4) Found to have committed any act while the license was not in effect, which act would be cause for the revocation of a license or grounds for the denial of an application for a license; or
(5) Found, upon petition to the Police Alarm Administrator by a local governmental subdivision, to have been convicted or in violation of a Municipal ordinance, which violation the Police Alarm Administrator determines to reflect unfavorably upon the fitness of the licensee to engage in the alarm business.
(Ord. 1986-177S. Passed 1-19-87.)