Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The form of the final map shall comply with the requirements of Cal. Gov’t Code Title 7, Division 2, Chapter 2, Article 2 and shall be as approved by the Town Engineer. The town may require additional information to be filed or recorded simultaneously with a final or parcel map as authorized by Cal. Gov’t Code § 66434.2.
(B) The contents of the final map shall consist of:
(1) Title. The title sheet of each final map shall contain a title consisting of the number and name of the subdivision, followed by the words “Town of Fairfax,” and a subtitle consisting of a description of all property being subdivided.
(2) Property description. The property description shall be by reference to the map or maps of the property as shall have been previously recorded or filed in the office of the County Recorder under authority of Cal. Gov’t Code Title 7, Division 3, § 66499.50, or by reference to the plat of any United States survey.
(3) Certificates and statements. The following certificates or statements shall appear on the title sheet:
(a) The statement of consent as set forth in Cal. Gov’t Code § 66430; provided, however, that, the exceptions in Cal. Gov’t Code § 66430 shall apply;
(b) A statement, signed and acknowledged by any trustees of record at the time of Town Council approval of the final map, consenting to the recording of the map and any offers of dedications;
(c) A statement offering dedications of interest in real property for any public use pursuant to Cal. Gov’t Code § 66439(a);
(d) A statement by the Engineer or surveyor responsible for the survey and final map that is consistent with the provisions of Cal. Gov’t Code § 66441;
(e) A geotechnical report, if applicable, pursuant to Cal. Gov’t Code § 66434.5;
(f) A certificate by the Town Engineer consistent with Cal. Gov’t Code § 66442;
(g) A certificate for execution by the Town Clerk in accordance with Cal. Gov’t Code § 66440;
(h) A certificate to be executed by the County Recorder pursuant to Cal. Gov’t Code § 66492; and
(i) A certificate to be executed by the county recorder in accordance with Cal. Gov’t Code § 66466(c).
(4) Index map. If more than one sheet is used in preparing the final map, there shall be included, either on the title sheet or the first map sheet, an index map showing the general plan of the subdivision, street names, lot numbers and the portions of the subdivision included on each map sheet.
(5) Boundary monuments. Each final map shall show boundary monuments, which have been set pursuant to Cal. Gov’t Code § 66495.
(6) Deferment of monuments. In the event any or all required monuments are to be set subsequent to the filing of the final map, the map shall show which future monuments, or the furnishing of notes thereon, as required by § 16.16.100, shall be agreed to be set and furnished by the subdivider. The agreement shall be accompanied by a bond.
(7) Bearings and distances. The bearing and length of each lot line, block line and boundary line shall be shown on the final map. Each required bearing and distance shall be shown in full and no ditto mark or other designation of repetition shall be used.
(8) Basis of bearings. The basis of bearings shall appear on the title sheet or other map sheet. Reference shall be made to some filed final map, parcel map, record of survey map, Town Engineer’s map or other record acceptable to the Town Engineer. The basis of bearings shall be derived from at least two found monuments of record.
(9) Lot areas. For lots containing one acre or more, final maps shall show net acreage to at least the nearest one-hundredth of an acre.
(10) Lot numbers.
(a) Lots shall be numbered consecutively, commencing with the number “1,” except as otherwise approved by the Town Engineer, with no omissions or duplications.
(b) Each numbered lot shall be shown to scale entirely on one sheet.
(11) Curve data. The following curve data shall be shown on the final map:
(a) Terminal radii. The arc length, chord length and bearing, radius and total central angle and bearings of terminal radii of each curve;
(b) Bearing. The bearing of each radial line to each lot corner on each curve; and
(c) Central angle. The central angle of each segment within each lot.
(12) Dedications. Dedications shall be made in accordance with Cal. Gov’t Code § 66439 and shall be shown on the final map.
(13) Limited access designation.
(a) When the vehicular access rights from any lot to appropriately designated roads are or will be restricted by a subdivision, such rights, if not already a matter of record, shall be offered for dedication to the town by an appropriate statement on the title sheet of the final map.
(b) A note which clearly defines the extent and nature of the restriction shall be lettered on the final map for any subdivision adjacent to the lots affected.
(14) Town, city or county boundary lines. Any town, city or county boundary line adjoining the subdivision shall be clearly designated and tied in upon the final map.
(15) Easements. All easements of record shall be shown on the map, together with the name of the grantee and sufficient recording data to identify the conveyance, e.g., Recorder’s serial number and date or book and page of official records.
(a) Easements not disclosed by the records in the office of the County Recorder and found by the surveyor or engineer to be existing shall be specifically designated on the map, identifying the apparent dominant tenements for which the easement was created.
(b) The sidelines of all easements of record shall be shown by dashed lines on the final map with the widths, lengths and bearings of record.
(c) The width and location of all easements shall be approved by the Town Engineer.
(16) Other information. Other information such as leases, options, deed restriction and other encumbrances shall be indicated as provided in division (B)(17) of this section.
(17) Additional information.
(a) No additional survey and map information shall be included on a final map which do not affect record title interests.
(b) However, the town engineer may require additional information, in the form of a separate document or an additional map sheet, to be filed or recorded simultaneously with the final map in accordance with Cal. Gov’t Code § 66434.2.
(Prior Code, § 16.05.050) (Ord. 670, passed - -1998)