Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Contents of notice of termination. In addition to any information required by state or federal law, each notice of termination subject to this chapter must include the following information.
(1) The name and address of the landlord where the landlord will accept service of process; and
(2) The location of the dwelling unit; and
(3) The total length of the notice prior to termination of tenancy (expressed as number of days from delivery of notice until the anticipated final date of tenancy); and
(4) The intended final date of occupancy under the tenancy; and
(5) At least one applicable cause for which the tenancy will be terminated, in accordance with § 5.54.040.
(B) Language of notice of termination. If the tenant’s rental agreement was negotiated in a language other than English, then the landlord is obligated to provide an accurate translation of the notice of termination in the language in which the rental agreement was negotiated.
(C) Delivery of notice. Each notice of termination must be delivered to the tenant household in accordance with Cal. Civil Code §§ 1946 and 1946.1, as applicable.
(Ord. 828, passed 3-6-2019; Am. Ord. 829, passed 4-3-2019)