Skip to code content (skip section selection)
In the administration of this chapter, the following words and phrases are given the meanings respectively indicated:
1. "Beer" means any beverage containing more than three and two- tenths percent (3.2%) of alcohol by weight and obtained by the alcoholic fermentation of an infusion or decoction of barley or other grain, malt or similar products. Beer may or may not contain hops of other vegetable products. Beer includes, among other things, beer, ale, stout, lager beer, porter, and other malt or other brewed liquors, but does not include sale, known as Japanese Rice wine;
2. "Minor" means a person who, according to state law, has not yet attained the age at which consumption of nonintoxicating beverages is permitted under state law;
3. "Nonintoxicating beverages" means all beverages containing less than one-half of one percent (.5%) alcohol by volume and less than three and two tenths percent (3.2%) alcohol by weight;
4. "Place of business" means each separate location or service unit in which or from which nonintoxicating alcoholic beverages are sold, delivered or otherwise furnished; and
5. "Retail dealer" means and includes any person who sells any nonintoxicating alcoholic beverage as defined herein for consumption or use and not for resale.
(Ord. No. 83-10-2, 11/7/83; Ord. No. 85-10-1)
State Law Reference: See 37 O.S. Sections 163.1 et seq. for definitions and regulations applicable to nonintoxicating beverages.