Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Taxicab driver's license required.
(1) Every chauffeur's permit granted shall entitle the holder thereof to obtain a taxicab driver's license to drive a taxicab, for one current license year from the City Clerk on the payment of a city license fee of $5. No taxicab driver's license shall be issued to any person not having a chauffeur's permit.
(2) No person shall operate or otherwise drive any taxicab conveying any passengers without first obtaining a taxicab driver's license from the City Clerk.
(B) Issuance of badge.
(1) The City Clerk shall issue to the holder of a chauffeur's permit a badge of such design and bearing such words and numerals as may be prescribed by the office of the City Clerk.
(2) The City Clerk shall issue a cardboard license for the current license year of such size and design as may be prescribed by the City Clerk, containing the name of the driver and a current picture of the driver pasted thereon.
(3) No owner or driver shall operate a taxicab in the city unless the driver's cardboard license is displayed in the taxicab in a conspicuous place so that it is in full view of the passenger.
Penalty, see § 117.99