Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Definitions. For the purpose of this chapter the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
(1) "CITY CLERK." The City Clerk or any person authorized to issue taxicab or taxicab drivers permits.
(2) "DRIVER." Every person in charge of or operating any taxicab either as agent, employee, or otherwise.
(3) "OWNER." Any person who has the bona fide legal title or control, direction, operation, maintenance, or leasing of any taxicab or the collection of revenue derived from taxicabs so operated for hire on the streets of the city.
(4) "TAXICAB." Any motor vehicle propelled and operated for passage or hire, subject to call from a garage or otherwise operating for hire. "TAXICAB" shall not include any motor buses running and operating on established routes, sight seeing buses, or funeral vehicles.
(5) "WAITING TIME." The time when the taxicab is not in motion, beginning with the arrival at the place to which it has been called or the time consumed while standing at the discretion of the passenger.
(B) Enforcement. The enforcement of this chapter shall be under the control of the Traffic Division of the Police Department of the city and the City Clerk.
(C) Designation of stands. The Traffic Division of the Police Department shall establish bus stops, taxicab stands, and stands for other passenger common carrier vehicles on such public streets in such places and in such number as to afford the greatest benefit and convenience to the public. Every such bus stop, taxicab stand, or other stand shall be designated by appropriate signs.
(D) Violations. Any person violating any of the provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall have his license revoked in addition to any other penalty provided in this code.
Penalty, see § 117.99
Authority of city to regulate taxicabs, see KRS 281.635