Unless a statute provides otherwise, town monies may be disbursed only after an appropriation made by ordinance of the Town Council and recorded in a book kept for that purpose by the Town Council. Each appropriation must be made from the fund against which the expenses arose.
(I.C. 36-5-4-2)