Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) This chapter sets forth uniform requirements for users of the publicly owned treatment works for the Borough of Ellwood City and enables the Borough to comply with all applicable State and Federal laws, regulations, and permits, including without limitation, the Federal Clean Water Act (33 U.S.C. § 1251 et seq.), the USEPA General Pretreatment Regulations (40 C.F.R. Part 403,) the Pennsylvania Clean Streams Law (35 P.S. § 691.1 et seq.), the PADEP Standards for Dischargers of Industrial Wastes to POTWs (25 Pa. Code § 97.91 et seq.), and the Borough's NPDES Permit No. 0026832. The objective of this chapter are:
(1) To prevent the introduction of pollutants into the publicly owned treatment works that will interfere with its operation;
(2) To prevent the introduction of pollutants into the publicly owned treatment works that will pass through the publicly owned treatment works, inadequately treated, into receiving waters, or otherwise be incompatible with the publicly owned treatment works;
(3) To protect both publicly owned treatment works personnel who may be affected by wastewater and sludge in the course of their employment and the general public;
(4) To promote reuse and recycling of industrial wastewater and sludge from the publicly owned treatment works;
(5) To provide for charges fees for the implementation of the Borough's pretreatment program relating to the publicly owned treatment works; and
(6) To enable the Borough to comply with its National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permit (NPDES Permit No. 0026832 conditions, sludge use and disposal requirements, and any other Federal or State laws and/or regulations to which the publicly owned treatment works is subject.
(b) This chapter shall apply to all users of the publicly owned treatment works. The chapter authorizes the issuance of wastewater discharge permits; provides for monitoring, compliance, and enforcement activities; establishes administrative review procedures; requires user reporting; and provides for the setting of charges and fees for the equitable distribution of costs relating to the implementation of the pretreatment program established herein.
(Ord. 2518. Passed 2-15-16.)