Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. License Required: Every person or firm acting as an auctioneer or holding or carrying on any auction within the City must obtain an auction business license from the City Clerk.
B. Application: Every person conducting the business of an auction shall make application in writing for a business license to the City Clerk.
C. Contents Of Application: Such application shall contain and set forth at least the following:
1. The name and address of the applicant.
2. The place where the auction will be conducted, including signature approval from the property owner for the auction event.
3. The length of time for which the license is desired and the dates when the auction will be conducted.
4. The name and address of the owner of the property to be sold at the auction.
5. A short description of the items to be auctioned.
6. Proof of approval to conduct business from the State Department of Taxation.
D. Business License Fee: Each person conducting an auction shall pay a license fee as established by a resolution of the City Council.
E. Limitation On Location: No auction may be conducted upon any street within the City, public right-of-way within the City or public property owned by the City without prior permission of the City. (Ord. 507, 5-26-1998)