Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Authority: Any business license issued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter may be suspended, canceled or revoked for good cause by the city council.
B. Included Cause: Good cause for such suspension, cancellation or revocation shall include, but is not limited to:
1. The existence of unsanitary conditions, noise, disturbances or other conditions at, near or in the premises which causes or tends to create a public nuisance or which may injuriously affect the public health, safety or welfare.
2. The commission of, or permitting or causing the commission of, any act in the operation of the business which is prohibited by any ordinances, rule or law of the city, state or federal government.
3. Fraudulent practices and misrepresentation in the operation of the business.
4. Concealment or misrepresentation in procuring the business license.
5. The business for which the license has been issued is unlawful or is prohibited by any ordinance, code, rule or law of the city, state or federal government.
6. The license was issued by mistake or is in violation of any of the provisions of this chapter.
7. The premises used to conduct said business has been condemned, declared a fire hazard or declared unsafe for business occupancy pursuant to applicable building and fire codes.
8. The use of the premises for the business license violates the zoning ordinances or regulations of the city. (Ord. 507, 5-26-1998)