Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Every person required to procure a business license under the provisions of this chapter shall submit an application to the City Clerk or his/her designee.
A. Information Required: The application shall require, at least, the following information:
1. The name of the person to whom the license is to be issued.
2. The location for which the license is sought.
3. The type or kind of business to be conducted under this license.
4. The dates when the license is proposed to become effective.
5. The signature of the owner of the property, if other than the applicant.
6. Supplemental child support information as required by the State.
7. Proof of licensing and/or certification of the state permitting the business, where applicable.
8. Proof of an approved inspection by the State Health Department, where applicable.
9. Proof of approval to conduct business by the State Department of Taxation.
10. Verification by the following City departments that the fixed place of business has met all applicable Building and Fire Codes and has met all applicable zoning requirements:
a. Building Department;
b. Fire Marshal;
c. Planning Department.
B. State License Required: No license to conduct any business or occupation in the City which is regulated and/or licensed under any provision of the Nevada Revised Statutes shall be issued unless and until the appropriate State licenses have been obtained.
C. Confidentiality: All business license applications filed pursuant to the provisions of this section shall be confidential and shall not be subject to public inspection. It shall be the duty of the City Clerk to preserve and keep the applications so that the contents thereof may not become known except to the person charged with the administration of this chapter. (Ord. 507, 5-26-1998)