Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) If the hearing officer terminates employment, the officer or employee subject to the termination may appeal the decision to a Board of Review. The Board of Review shall review all records and make one of the following determinations:
1. Sustain the decision of the hearing officer.
2. Vacate the decision of the hearing officer.
(B) If the Review Board vacates the hearing officer's decision, the Review Board may make an order to desist and refrain from engaging in such violation or action that violates the provisions of this chapter.
(C) The decision of the Review Board shall be final.
(D) The Review Board shall consist of the following:
1. One person from the Elko County Human Resources Department.
2. One person from the Elko County District Attorney's Office.
3. One person from the Elko County Public Defender's Office.
(E) The representative from each office shall be the appointed or elected official, or a designee selected by the appointed or elected official. (Ord. 05-2020, 7-15-2021)