(A)   If the premises served by water have been abandoned, or if the service has not been used for one year, then the service may be shut off at the curb stop box by the city and the water meter will be removed.
   (B)   When new buildings are erected on the site of old ones, and it is desired to increase or change the old water service, no connections with the mains may be made until all the old service has been removed and the main taps plugged or yoked connections installed by the city at the owner's expense.
Penalty, see § 10.99