Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Council hereby creates the position of Director of Utilities.
(b) The qualifications to fill the position of Director of Utilities shall be as follows:
(1) The Director of Utilities shall be a resident of the City, or become a resident of the City, within one year of his/her appointment.
(2) The Director of Utilities shall have five years' experience in operations, maintenance or supervision of a municipal water or sewer plant.
(3) The Director of Utilities shall have a Class III water/sewer plant license.
(c) The Director of Utilities shall have the following duties:
(1) To administrate the Water and Sewer Departments.
(2) To maintain communication with the department head for each department on a daily basis to insure smooth operation.
(3) To enforce the Board's policy, rules and regulations.
(4) To supervise office staff and billing procedures.
(5) To supervise customer relations.
(Ord. 65, 1989. Passed 10-16-89.)