Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Any labor, lease, goods or services to be purchased, sale of personal property, equipment or supplies or public improvement which is not to be paid for in whole or in part by a special assessment or special taxation, where the expenses or costs thereof will exceed $25,000 shall be constructed or purchased:
(A) By a contract let to the lowest responsible bidder after advertising for bids.
(B) Exception. The section shall not apply to:
(1) Contracts authorized by a vote of two-thirds of all members of the Village Board of Trustees then holding office upon a finding that an exception to the bidding requirements is necessary and in the best interests of the village;
(2) Any collective bargaining agreement or employment contracts to which the village is a party;
(3) Any purchase, sale or lease of real property to which the village is a party;
(4) Service agreements;
(5) Contracts involving village grant or incentive programs;
(6) Development agreements;
(7) Contracts with or purchases from another governmental entity;
(8) Purchases made pursuant to any joint purchasing program sponsored by the state or other governmental agency or association;
(9) Special assessments or other procurements controlled by statutory provisions; and
(10) Sole source providers or contractors.
(1981 Code, § 4.01) (Am. Ord. 06-08, passed 3-20-2006; Am. Ord. 14-30, passed 10-13-2014; Am. Ord. 17-52, passed 11-6-2017)