Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) There is hereby established an administrative department of the village to be known as the Finance Department, which Department shall consist of a Village Treasurer and other employees and members that may be provided from time to time by the Board of Trustees.
(B) The Finance Department shall consist of one Village Treasurer and other employees as may be lawfully provided from time to time by the Board of Trustees.
(C) The Village Treasurer shall be hired by the Village Administrator.
(1) The Village Treasurer, before entering upon the duties of his or her office, shall execute a bond to the village in the penal sum as required by statute with such sureties as the President and Board of Trustees shall approve, conditioned for the faithful performance of the duties of his or her office.
(2) The Village Treasurer shall manage the investments of the village funds; maintain accounts payable records; sign manually all disbursement checks; maintain auxiliary cash controls; maintain the fixed asset accounts; act as a custodian of the Police Pension Fund; make monthly reports to the President and Board of Trustees, showing the amounts received and spent during the month and the balance of the money in the treasury; and make an annual report upon the close of the fiscal year to the President and Board of Trustees, setting forth, in detail, all receipts and expenditures of the village as shown by his or her books. He or she shall perform other duties as assigned by the Village Administrator, as are prescribed by ordinance or as directed by the Board of Trustees.
(3) The Village Treasurer shall receive all moneys belonging to the village and shall make deposits of the sums as shall be received by him or her for all sources of revenue whatever to the credit of the village, as Treasurer, in a bank selected by the Board of Trustees, and the funds shall be left and deposited in the following separate accounts:
(a) All moneys from the operation of the waterworks system and sewerage system in accounts known as “The Water Fund” and “The Sewer Fund;”
(b) All revenues received from collection of special assessments in an account known as “Special Assessment;” and
(c) All other sources of revenue shall be placed in the appropriate fund.
(4) No money shall be deposited in any bank until the bank has complied with the requirements of the Illinois Compiled Statutes.
(5) The salary of the Village Treasurer shall be in an amount set by the Village Board.
(6) The Village Treasurer shall have the power to compile, publish and enforce the rules and regulations and any amendments thereto.
(1981 Code, § 3.09) (Am. Ord. 86-18, passed 4-28-1986; Am. Ord. 94-17, passed 7-5-1994; Am. Ord. 98-19, passed 10-19-1998)