Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Licenses shall be issued only to bona fide religious, charitable, labor, business, fraternal, educational or veterans' organizations that operate without profit to their member and which have been in existence continuously for a period of five years immediately before making application for a raffle license and which have had during that five-year period a bona fide membership engaged in carrying out their objects, or to a non-profit fundraising organization that the Village Administrator, or his or her designee, determines is organized for the sole purpose of providing financial assistance to an identified individual or group of individuals suffering extreme financial hardship as the result of an illness, disability, accident or disaster.
(B) The following are ineligible for any license under this chapter:
(1) Any person who has been convicted of a felony;
(2) Any person who is or has been a professional gambler or gambling promoter;
(3) Any person who is not of good moral character;
(4) Any organization in which a person defined in division (B)(1), (B)(2), or (B)(3) above has a proprietary, equitable or credit interest, or in which such person is active or employed;
(5) Any organization in which a person defined in division (B)(1), (B)(2), or (B)(3) above is an officer, director or employee, whether compensated or not; and,
(6) Any organization in which a person defined in division (B)(1), (B)(2), or (B)(3) above is to participate in the management or operation of a raffle as defined herein.
(Ord. 17-44, passed 8-21-2017)