Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Appointment; term of office.
(1) The Deputy Village Administrator, hereinafter referred to as Deputy Village Administrator, shall be appointed by the Village Administrator of the village with the advice and consent of the Village President.
(2) No elected official of the village shall receive appointment while he or she is serving as an elected official.
(B) Exclusive employment.
(1) The Deputy Village Administrator shall remain in the exclusive employ of the village and shall neither accept other employment nor become employed by any other village or other employer until his or her termination date without the express consent of the Board of Trustees.
(2) The Deputy Village Administrator may, however, teach outside the customary business hours of the village.
(1) The Deputy Village Administrator shall assist the Village Administrator in his or her duties of acting as the Chief Administrative Officer for the village and having control over day-to-day operations.
(2) Nothing in this section shall give to the Deputy Village Administrator any power not permitted by professional ethics, professional standards, statutes of the state or this code of ordinances.
(3) The Deputy Village Administrator shall report to the Village Administrator. In the absence of the Village Administrator, the Deputy Village Administrator shall act in his or her stead and shall be responsible to the Board of Trustees for the proper administration of the affairs of the village with such authority as required to accomplish the duties as may be assigned by the President or the Board of Trustees.
(D) Compensation. The Deputy Village Administrator shall receive such compensation as the corporate authorities shall fix from time to time by resolution or ordinance.
(E) Other terms and conditions of employment.
(1) The Village Administrator, in consultation with the Village President, shall fix any such other terms and conditions of employment, as it may determine from time to time, relating to the performance of the Deputy Village Administrator, provided the terms and conditions are not inconsistent with or in conflict with the provisions of this section and all other ordinances of the village or state laws.
(2) All general provisions of the municipal code and regulations and rules of the village relating to vacation and sick leave, retirement and pension system contributions, holidays and other fringe benefits and working conditions as they now exist or hereafter may be amended, also apply to the Deputy Village Administrator as they would to other employees of the village, in addition to the benefits enumerated specifically for the benefit of the Deputy Village Administrator, except as herein provided.
(Ord. 16-20, passed 6-20-2016)