Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Definitions. For the purpose of this section the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
TEMPORARY DUMPSTER. A large container designed for the receiving, transporting and dumping of waste materials on a temporary basis during demolition or construction projects and is not intended to include karts or dumpsters used for refuse or recycling collection as regulated in Chapter 50 of this Code.
TEMPORARY STORAGE UNIT. Any container, portable structure or temporary accessory structure that can be or is used for the storage of personal property or equipment of any kind and which is located for such purposes outside an enclosed building.
(B) Regulations. It shall be unlawful for an owner of property:
(1) To have more than one temporary storage unit or one temporary dumpsters on the property;
(2) To place the temporary storage unit or temporary dumpster less than five feet from all property lines;
(3) Allow the temporary storage unit or temporary dumpster to remain on the property for more than 30 days per calendar year unless a valid and active building permit has been issued for the property, unless work associated with that building permit has ceased for a period of 30 days;
(4) Allow rubbish, material or garbage to become windblown from a temporary dumpster; or
(5) Allow the temporary dumpster or temporary storage unit on residential properly to be placed on other than a driveway or other hard surface approved by the Village Engineer.
(Ord. 13-36, passed 9-16-2013)