Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following amendments are hereby made to the State Code.
(A) Chapter 11, Article II - Obedience to and Effect of Traffic Laws.
70-11-206 TRAFFIC LAWS APPLY .... ANIMAL DRAWN VEHICLES.
(a) It shall be unlawful to leave any horse or other draft animal unattended or allow other animals to roam in any street without having the animal securely fastened or accompanied by a driver.
(B) Chapter 11, Article XIII - Stopping, Standing and Parking.
70-11-1302 OFFICERS AUTHORIZED TO REMOVE VEHICLES.
4. The Police Department is hereby authorized to have removed and towed away any car or other vehicle illegally parked in any place where such parked vehicle creates or constitutes a traffic hazard, blocks the use of a fire hydrant or obstructs or may obstruct the movement of any emergency vehicle; or in any public place where signs have been legally posted either limiting or prohibiting parking; or any vehicle which has been parked in any public place for a period of 24 consecutive hours. Vehicles towed away shall be stored and shall be released to the owner or operator thereof after payment of the expense incurred in removing and storing the vehicles.
70-11-1303 STOPPING, STANDING OR PARKING PROHIBITED IN SPECIFIC PLACES.
4. It shall be unlawful to park any motor vehicle on any private property without the consent of the owner of the property.
5. When signs are erected at the entrances of highways and streets into the village giving notice thereof, no person shall park a vehicle between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on any day, on any street within the village except such regulation shall not apply to Jackson Street between Van Buren Street and Water Street, Hill Street between Van Buren Street and River Street, Railroad Street between Van Buren Street and River Street, and Parking Lots 1 and 2 between Railroad Street and Hill Street where parking is permitted.
6. It shall be unlawful to stop, stand or park a motor vehicle for a period of time longer than necessary for the unloading and delivery or pickup of materials, not to exceed 30 minutes, in any place posted as a loading zone.
7. It shall be unlawful to park a vehicle for longer than the time designated within any district or upon any street or section thereof, when signs are erected giving notice thereof.
8. Snow removed - Interference by parking.
(a) It shall be unlawful to park any vehicle on any public street in the village at any time within 12 hours after a snowfall of three inches or more has occurred.
(b) It shall be unlawful to park any vehicle on any public street or portion thereof in the village at any time when the street is being cleaned. Signs indicating that a street or portion thereof is being cleaned shall be posted immediately before the cleaning of the street and shall be removed after the cleaning of the street is finished.
(c) Any vehicles parked in violation of this section are hereby declared a public nuisance and a hazard to public safety and police officers in the village are hereby authorized to cause removal of the vehicle to a public garage or other place of safety during snow removal operations of the village on the streets and the expense of the removal and storage in the public garage shall be paid by the owner or operator of the vehicle.
(d) Any person violating any provisions of this subsection (8) shall be fined not less than $25, nor more than $750, for each and every separate offense.
(1981 Code, § 41.04) (Ord. 80-20, passed - -1980; Am. Ord. 15-05, passed 2-16-2015)