Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Employment: The city of East Dubuque may employ part time police officers from time to time as we deem necessary.
B. Duties: A part time police officer shall have all the responsibilities of a full time police officer and such specific duties as delineated in the policy manual of the East Dubuque police department, but the number of hours a part time officer may work within a calendar year is restricted to not more than six hundred (600) hours. Part time police officers shall be trained in accordance with the Illinois police training act 1 and the rules and requirements of the ILETSB.
C. Hiring Standards: Any person employed as a part time police officer must meet the following standards:
1. Be of good moral character, of temperate habits, of sound health, and physically and mentally able to perform assigned duties.
2. Be at least twenty one (21) years of age.
3. Pass a medical examination.
4. Possess a high school diploma or a GED certificate.
5. Possess a valid state of Illinois driver's license.
6. Possess no prior felony convictions.
7. Any individual who has served in the U.S. military must have been honorably discharged.
D. Discipline: Part time officers shall be under the disciplinary jurisdiction of the chief of police. Part time police officers serve at the discretion of the city authorities, shall not have any property rights in said employment, and may be removed by the city authorities at any time. Part time police officers shall comply with all applicable rules and the policy manual issued by the police department. (Ord. 12-0505, 5-7-2012)
1. 50 ILCS 705/1 et seq.