Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Administrative Level Design Review Applications: Shall be scheduled as stipulated in subsection 8-2A-13A of this article. All design review applications shall be reviewed and shall be acted on by the Zoning Administrator, except for those listed in subsection B of this section.
B. Board Level Design Review Applications: Shall be scheduled as stipulated in subsection 8-2A-13A of this article. Design review applications for the following shall be reviewed, and shall be acted on by the Design Review Board, subject to final decision by the City Council:
1. Any application that includes one (1) or more new buildings.
2. An addition to an existing building which is greater than twenty five percent (25%) of its gross floor area.
3. New building facades with material changes.
4. Any addition to an existing twenty thousand (20,000) square foot or larger building.
5. Master sign plans.
6. Any application which can only be approved with suspension or relaxation of some or all requirements found in this article in accordance with section 8-2A-3 of this article.
C. Concurrent Sign And Building Applications: All sign applications (including master sign plans) made pursuant to this article are required to be submitted for review at the time the respective building design review application is made. This section is not intended to apply to sign applications made for the advertisement of businesses in existing buildings where no changes are proposed to the building at the time of the application.
D. Zoning Administrator Decision: The ultimate decision of whether an administrative level review or board level review will be required shall be determined by the Zoning Administrator. (Ord. 781, 8-8-2017)