Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Applicants for a license under this chapter must file with the City Clerk an application furnished by the City Clerk, which shall contain, but not necessarily be limited to, the following information:
1. Name and description of the applicant; if the applicant is an association, company or corporation, then it shall state its name along with the names and descriptions of the persons who will be soliciting in the City. Each business representative shall complete an application;
2. Address - both legal and local;
3. A brief description of the nature of the business and the goods to be sold, and in the case of products of farm or orchard, whether produced or grown by the applicant;
4. If employed, the name and address of the employer, together with credentials establishing the exact relationship between the employer and the applicant;
5. The proposed method of operation, length of time for which the right to do business is desired and if a motor vehicle is to be used, a description of the same, together with a license number or other means of identification;
6. Whether a permit or license issued to the applicant has been revoked during the past five (5) years, and if so, where and when;
7. Personal identifying information of the applicant or the persons acting on its behalf in the City as may be necessary for the City Clerk to conduct a background investigation;
8. A statement as to whether or not the applicant has been convicted of a violation of any Federal, State or Municipal law, the nature of the offense and the date, and the punishment or penalty assessed therefor;
9. The place where the goods or property proposed to be sold, or orders taken for the sale thereof, are manufactured or produced, where such goods or products are located at the time said application is filed, and the proposed method of delivery;
10. When the applicant proposes to peddle any prepared food product for human consumption, a certification by Central District Health shall be required at the time of filing an application;
11. Vendors, organizers and temporary merchants must submit a site plan that includes the site design and the design of any signage proposed for the site, which conforms to the requirements of subsection 3-4-11F of this chapter. The City Clerk or designee will submit the site plan and signage design to the Eagle Planning and Zoning Department for approval;
12. An affidavit or written permission shall be obtained from the land owner for mobile vendors, organizers and temporary merchants seeking to utilize private property or private property but open to the public, including but not limited to parking lots, landscaped areas, plazas or open space areas.
B. The City Clerk, or his/her designee, shall require an applicant for a City license to provide information and fingerprints necessary to obtain criminal history information from the Idaho State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Pursuant to Idaho Code section 67-3008, and Public Law 92-544, the City Clerk and/or designee, shall require the applicant to submit a set of fingerprints for a City license and the required fees to the Idaho State Police, Bureau of Criminal Identification, for criminal records check of State and national database. The submission of fingerprints and information required by this section shall be on forms prescribed by the Idaho State Police. The City of Eagle Police Department is authorized to receive criminal history information from the Idaho State Police and from the Federal Bureau of Investigation for the purpose of evaluating the suitability of applicants for a City license, and the City of Eagle Police Department shall recommend approval and/or denial of the application based on this information and relay that recommendation to the City Clerk's Office. As required by State and Federal law, further dissemination or other use of the criminal history information is prohibited. Any denial may be appealed pursuant to the provisions of section 3-4-15 of this chapter. If not denied within that period, the application shall be deemed approved.
C. Once a license is issued, the applicant has an affirmative duty to maintain all applicable licenses and certifications and to notify the City Clerk in writing of any material change in the information provided by the applicant in the original application.
D. No license issued hereunder shall be transferrable. (Ord. 791, 4-24-2018, eff. 6-1-2018)