Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any of the following shall be a violation of this chapter and shall be subject to the enforcement remedies and penalties provided by this chapter, by the Zoning Code, and by state law:
(1) To install, create, erect, or maintain any sign in a way that is inconsistent with any plan or permit governing such sign or the zone lot on which the sign is located;
(2) To install, create, erect, or maintain any sign requiring a permit without such permit;
(3) To install, create, erect, or maintain any sign that in any way that is inconsistent with any plan or permit governing such sign or the zone lot on which the sign is located;
(4) To fail to remove any sign that is installed, created, erected, or maintained in violation of this chapter, or for which the sign permit has lapsed; and/or
(5) To continue any such violation. Each such day of a continued violation shall be considered a separate violation when applying the penalty portions of this chapter.
(B) Each sign installed, created, erected, or maintained in violation of this chapter shall be considered a separate violation when applying the penalty portions of this chapter.
(C) Any violation or attempted violation of this chapter, or of any condition or requirement adopted pursuant hereto, may be restrained, corrected, or abated, as the case may be, by injunction or other appropriate proceedings pursuant to state law. A violation of this chapter shall be considered a violation of the Zoning Code of this city. The remedies of the city shall include the following:
(1) Issuing a stop-work order for any and all work on any signs on the same zone lot;
(2) Seeking an injunction or other order of restraint or abatement that requires that removal of the signs) or the correction of the nonconformity;
(3) Imposing any penalties that can be imposed directly by the city under the Zoning Code;
(4) Seeking in court the imposition of any penalties that can be imposed by such court under the Zoning Code; and/or
(5) In the case of a sign that poses an immediate danger to the public health or safety, taking such measures as are available to the city under the applicable provisions of the Zoning Code and Building Code for such circumstances.
(D) The city shall have such other remedies as are, and as may from time to time be, provided for or allowed by state law for the violation of the Zoning Code.
(E) All such remedies provided herein shall be cumulative. To the extent that state law may limit the availability of a particular remedy set forth herein for a certain violation or a part thereof, such remedy shall remain available for other violations or other parts of the same violation.
(Ord. 1870, passed 12-11-18)