Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No nonconforming use of a building or land shall be enlarged, extended, reconstructed, substituted or structurally altered, unless:
(1) Such change is required by law or order;
(2) The use thereof is changed to a use permitted in the district in which such building or land is located;
(3) Authority is granted by the Board of Adjustment to extend a nonconforming use or substitute another nonconforming use for a nonconforming use;
(4) Authority is granted by the Board of Adjustment to enlarge or complete a building devoted a nonconforming use upon a lot occupied by such building where such extension is necessary and incidental to the existing use of such building; or
(5) Authority has been granted by the Board of Adjustment to extend a nonconforming use throughout those parts of a building which were manifestly designed or arranged for such use prior to the date when such use or building became nonconforming, if no structural alterations, except those required by law, are made therein.
(B) Whenever a nonconforming use has been changed to a conforming use, such use shall not thereafter be changed to a nonconforming use.
(`93 Code, § 12-272) (Ord. 1040, passed 4-12-83)