Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Tattoo, body piercing and body painting studios in those zoning districts where permitted may be approved by the Planning Commission via a conditional use permit as provided by § 157.192. The following additional conditions must be satisfactorily addressed:
(2) The building housing a tattoo, body piercing or body painting studio shall be located at least 500 feet from the following uses: places of worship, public or private elementary or secondary school, park or playground.
(3) A tattoo, body piercing or body painting studio shall not conduct any non-clerical or reception activity in any manner that is visible from any public right-of-way. This provision shall apply to any display, decoration or show window.
(4) Light and noise should be contained to within the building, and outdoor light beyond that needed to provide ample security lighting and noise should not exceed the light and noise levels normally associated with the area.
(5) The building facade must be designated and maintained to blend with the architectural character of the surrounding structures and/or district.
(6) The structure and lot must meet all applicable zoning district regulations, as provided for in § 157.031 prior to the approval of the Planning Commission.
(B) A conditional use permit for a tattoo, body piercing or body painting studio shall be valid for one year.
(C) The premises of a tattoo, body piercing or body painting studio shall have signs posted in at least two prominent locations, with black letters at least one inch high on a white background, which shall read as follows:
"NO PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18 SHALL BE PERMITTED ON THESE PREMISES UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN."
(Ord. 1522, passed 10-10-06; Am. Ord. 1829, passed 7-11-17)