Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The City Manager shall appoint a person who is licensed and certified in accordance with the Oklahoma Mechanical Licencing Act, 59 O.S.
(B) The Mechanical Inspector may deny, suspend, revoke or refuse to renew any registration issued or applied for under the provisions of this subchapter for any of the following reasons:
(1) Material misstatement, misrepre- sentation or fraud in obtaining registration;
(2) Loaning or illegally using a registration;
(3) Violating any ordinance or regulation for the installation of mechanical facilities made or enacted by the city;
(4) Commitment of any act of gross negligence, incompetency or misconduct in the practice of mechanical contractor or mechanical journeyman;
(5) Employment of any person required to be registered or obtain a permit who has not obtained such registration or permit; and
(6) Wilfully failing to perform normal business obligations without justifiable cause.
(C) Any person whose registration has been revoked by the Mechanical Inspector may apply for new registration one year from the date of such revocation, provided his or her state license has not been suspended or revoked.
(D) The provisions of this section shall not be construed to require the employment of a mechanical inspector on a full time basis. A qualified state licensed and certified person or mechanical contractor of the city may be designated to perform the duties of Mechanical Inspector.
(`93 Code, § 5-806) (Ord. 1125, passed 3-8-88; Am. Ord. 1155, passed 12-11-90)