Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The City Manager shall appoint a person who is licensed and certified in accordance with state law to serve as the Electrical Inspector.
(B) The Electrical Inspector may deny, suspend, revoke or refuse to renew any registration issued or applied for under the provisions of this subchapter for any of the following reasons:
(1) Material misstatement, misrepre- sentation or fraud in obtaining the registration;
(2) Loaning or illegally using a registration;
(3) Violating any ordinance or regulation for the installation of electrical facilities made or enacted by the city;
(4) Commitment of any act of gross negligence, incompetency or misconduct in the practice of electrical contractor or journeyman electrician;
(5) Employment of any person required to be registered or obtain a permit who has not obtained such registration or permit; or
(6) Wilfully failing to perform normal business obligations without justifiable cause. Any person whose registration has been revoked by the Electrical Inspector may apply for new registration one year from the date of such revocation, provided his or her state license has not been suspended or revoked.
(C) The provisions of this section shall not be construed to require the employment of an Electrical Inspector on a full time basis. Any qualified state licensed and certified person or electrical contractor of the city may be designated to perform the duties of Electrical Inspector.
(`93 Code, § 5-310) (Ord. 1155, passed 12-11-90)