Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose. The purpose of this district is to allow the construction of multiple-family buildings.
(B) Permitted uses. Permitted uses in the R-3 District include:
(1) Multiple dwellings;
(2) Duplexes, twin homes and townhouses;
(3) Family day care;
(4) Playgrounds and parks; and
(5) Essential services.
(C) Accessory uses. Permitted accessory uses include: private garages; parking spaces and carports; fences; decorative landscape features; recreational equipment (including swimming pools and tennis courts); and tool houses or sheds for storage of domestic supplies.
(D) Conditional uses.
(1) Conditional uses in this district are subject to the following requirements:
(a) A conditional use permit is applied for based on procedures set forth in § 154.022 of this chapter;
(b) Screening and landscaping in compliance with § 154.071 of this chapter shall be required;
(c) Off-street parking is provided in compliance with § 154.067 of this chapter; and
(d) Any other conditions deemed to be necessary to reduce possible adverse impacts by the development, as determined by the Planning Commission or City Council.
(2) Conditional uses in this district include:
(b) Public or semi-public recreational or community buildings;
(c) Religious institutions, conditioned on access being provided only off of a collector road;
(d) Bed and breakfast facilities; and
(e) Manufactured home parks subject to the performance standards below.
(E) Performance standards. The following minimum requirements shall be observed in a R-3 District:
(1) Minimum lot area: 10,000 square feet for townhouse and twin home developments, 12,000 square feet for multiple dwellings;
(2) Minimum lot area per unit: 3,000 square feet for each dwelling unit or manufactured home in a manufactured home park;
(3) Lot width: 100 feet;
(4) Full basement: all residential structures;
(5) Minimum house width: 22 feet;
(a) Front yards: not less than 30 feet. In the case of corner lots, two front yards will be required;
(b) Side yards: not less than ten feet on each side or 25 feet from a public right-of-way; and
(c) Rear yards: not less than 25 feet.
(7) Street address, visible from street, on front of structure; and
(a) One nameplate sign for each dwelling not to exceed two square feet in area per surface, and no sign shall be so constructed as to have more than two surfaces; and
(b) One nameplate sign for each permitted non-residential use or use by conditional use permit. The signs shall not exceed 12 square feet in area per surface and no sign shall be so constructed as to have more than two surfaces.
(F) Interim uses. The following are interim uses in a R-3 District and require an interim use permit based upon procedures set forth in and regulated by § 154.026 of this chapter:
(1) Home occupations, as regulated by § 154.064 of this chapter; and
(2) Outside storage of materials other than fireplace wood piles, equipment, unused vehicles, truck trailers or products.
(Ord. passed 3-20-2002, § 10)