Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Planning Commission review. Following approval by the Building Official, the building’s compatibility with the surrounding area shall be reviewed by the Planning Commission, which shall make a recommendation to the City Council. The following items shall be considered in this review:
(1) Age of surrounding structures versus the structure being moved into the new location;
(2) Height compatibility with other structures in the area;
(3) Air, sunlight, solar rights;
(4) Aesthetics of the building to be moved; and
(5) Effect on property values in the area.
(B) City Council approval. Approval by a majority of the City Council in a regular meeting is required prior to issuance of a permit.
(C) Other conditions. Before issuing a permit, the Council may require as a condition to the issuance of the permit, such other conditions as the Council feels are necessary for public safety, welfare and health, and may require the applicant for the permit to enter into an agreement with the City, the performance of which may be required to be guaranteed by a bond or other cash deposit, for the performance of such conditions as the Council may require.
(Prior Code, § 1109.06)