Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Contagious disease refuse.
(1) The removal of clothing and bedding from places where highly infectious diseases have prevailed shall be performed under the supervision and direction of the County Health Department.
(2) The refuse shall not be placed in containers for town collection and disposal.
(B) Hypodermic instruments. No person shall dispose of or discard any hypodermic needle or any instrument or device for making hypodermic injections before first breaking, disassembling, destroying or otherwise rendering inoperable and incapable of reuse the hypodermic syringe, needle, instrument or device, and without safeguarding the disposal thereof by wrapping or securing the same in a suitable manner so as to avoid the possibility of causing injury to collection personnel.
(1) Ashes that are to be collected by the town shall have been wetted and shall be cool to the touch prior to collection.
(2) Ashes shall be placed in approved containers as defined herein.
(3) Refuse receptacles containing ashes shall not weigh more than 50 pounds.
(D) Cardboard boxes and cartons. Prior to being deposited as refuse for collection in approved receptacles or containers, as defined herein, all cardboard boxes, cartons or crates shall be completely collapsed.
(E) Rubber tires. It shall be a violation of this chapter for any person to place any rubber tire in any refuse receptacle or container from which refuse is collected by the town.
(F) Food processing. All fish (seafood) processing waste, surplus entrails, heads, tails, scales, shells, bones and the like, must be packaged in a watertight container, such as a plastic bag, can and the like, and be placed in authorized containers.
(Ord. 04-08, passed 5-5-2004) Penalty, see § 50.99