Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) Garbage and household trash accumulated at residences shall be collected on a schedule determined by the Town Manager.
(2) These collections shall be limited to rollout carts, yard trash, tree trimmings, cardboard boxes and oversize household trash.
(B) Commercial establishments. Service to commercial establishments shall be on a schedule determined by the town. This collection shall be limited to a maximum of 5 bulk containers.
(C) Bulk containers.
(1) All bulk containers approved for service by the town shall have doors opening on the top. The doors shall be kept closed at all times that the bulk container is not being filled or emptied.
(2) Bulk containers shall at all times be maintained in a safe, serviceable and sanitary condition. Notice shall be given by the Town Manager of any bulk container not meeting the requirements of this chapter.
(3) If, within 30 days, the unit is not in compliance, town service of this unit may be suspended.
(4) Bulk containers shall at all times be kept in a place easily and safely accessible to town equipment even during periods of inclement weather such as snow and ice.
(D) Owner responsibility.
(1) No service shall be given those persons or establishments permitting objects, obstructions or vehicles to hinder in any way the servicing of the container.
(2) The immediate cleaning up of spilled refuse in the area of the container shall be the responsibility of the property owners or occupants utilizing the container.
(3) Service shall be discontinued to persons or establishments failing to locate or maintain containers in accordance with the requirements of this chapter.
(4) The town shall not afford both mobile refuse receptacle service and bulk container service to the same persons or establishments.
(5) In those cases where the Town Manager, under the provisions of this chapter, directs the change from mobile refuse receptacles to bulk containerization, compliance shall be within 30 days or service may be discontinued.
(6) Any cause for discontinuation of service shall also constitute a violation of this chapter.
(E) Industrial waste. The collection and disposal of industrial waste shall be the responsibility of the operator of the factory, plant or enterprise creating or causing the same.
(F) Hazardous refuse. No hazardous refuse, as defined herein, shall be placed in any receptacle, container or unit used for refuse collection by the town.
(Ord. 04-08, passed 5-5-2004) Penalty, see § 50.99