Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) The garbage collection schedule will be established by the town and changed as conditions warrant from season to season.
(2) Bulk containers or rollout carts which are obstructed or not properly positioned when the truck passes will not be collected until the next regularly scheduled pickup date.
(3) Lids must be closed when in use.
(B) Containers required. All refuse shall be placed in approved containers.
(C) Access to containers.
(1) Routes for access and collection of residential solid wastes shall be improved and maintained for the safety of solid waste collectors.
(2) Access routes shall not be obstructed.
(3) Service will not be provided when dogs or other animals interfere with collectors.
(D) Large items/bulk pickup.
(1) Residential collection.
(a) On days that may be determined by the Town Council, large, bulky items such as stoves, water heaters, sofas, box springs and the like, which cannot normally be loaded into the back of a standard garbage truck, shall be picked up with equipment designed for large, bulky items.
(b) This service does not include the pickup of building materials, roofing, soil, rock, concrete, tree stumps, refrigerators and other items or material containing substances classified as hazardous waste.
(2) Commercial collection.
(a) Large, bulky items which cannot normally be loaded into the back of a standard garbage truck shall be picked up with equipment designed for large, bulky items.
(b) This service does not include construction materials, carpet, wood, more than 25 mattresses/box springs, stumps, logs, tree and shrubbery trimmings and the like.
(c) Each pickup shall be limited to a maximum of no more than 1,500 pounds per item.
(E) Placement of rollout carts.
(1) Rollout carts must be placed for pickup within the street right-of-way and within 4 feet of the improved portion of the street, but not on the improved portion of the street.
(2) The rollout cart should be removed from the street right-of-way no later than 12:00 a.m. on the day of collection.
(3) The property owner or occupant shall be responsible for the removal.
(Ord. 04-08, passed 5-5-2004)