Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Application for a license shall be made to and filed with the Mayor. It shall be in writing, signed by the applicant if an individual or a duly authorized agent thereof if a corporation, and verified by oath or affidavit.
(B) The application shall be presented not less than 10 days prior to the date issuance is desired and shall contain the following information:
(1) The name, age, and address of the applicant, in the case of a copartnership the persons entitled to share in the profits thereof. In the case of a corporation for profit, it shall include the date of the incorporation, the object for which it was organized, the names and addresses of the officers and directors, and if a majority in interest of the stock of the corporation is owned by 1 person or his or her nominees, the name and address of that person;
(2) The citizenship of the applicant; his or her place of birth; and, if a naturalized citizen, the time and place of his or her naturalization;
(3) The character of business of the applicant and, in case of a corporation, the object for which it was formed;
(4) The length of time that the applicant has been in business of that character or, in case of a corporation, the date on which its charter was issued;
(5) The location and description of the premises or place of business which is to be operated under the license;
(6) A statement whether the applicant has made similar application for a similar other license on premises other than described in this application, and the disposition of the application;
(7) A statement that the applicant has never been convicted of a felony and is not disqualified to receive a license by reasons of any matter or thing contained in this code, laws of this state, or the ordinances of this village;
(8) Whether a previous license by any state or subdivision thereof or by the federal government has been revoked and the reasons therefore; and
(9) A statement that the applicant will not violate any of the laws of the State of Illinois or of the United States or any ordinances of the village in the conduct of his or her place of business.
(Ord. 1990-13, passed - -1990; Am. Ord. 1991-01, passed 4-9-1991)