Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The term APPLICANT, as used in this chapter, shall include any partner or limited partner of a partnership applicant and any officer or director of a corporate applicant and any stockholder holding more than 10% of the stock of a corporate applicant, or any other person who is interested directly in the ownership or operation of the business. An applicant for a license shall furnish the following information under oath:
(1) Name, including aliases used in the last five years and address;
(2) Written proof that the individual is at least 18 years of age; and
(3) Location of where the adult business is to be operated, as well as a diagram setting forth the interior floor layout of the adult business.
(B) Furthermore, all applicants for an adult use license shall submit to a criminal background investigation by the County Sheriff’s Department and, any applicant convicted of or who pleads nolo contendere to any of the following criminal acts shall be ineligible to receive an adult use license:
(1) Article II of the State Criminal Code (“ICC”) (sex offenses);
(2) ICC § 26-4, ILCS Ch. 720, Act 5, § 26-4 (unauthorized video taping);
(3) ICC § 33D-1, ILCS Ch. 720, Act 5, § 12C-30 (contributing to the delinquency or criminal delinquency of a minor);
(4) The Obscene Phone Call Act, ILCS Ch. 720, Act 135, §§ 0.01 et seq.;
(5) The Wrongs to Children Act, ILCS Ch. 720, Act 150, §§ 0.01 et seq.; and
(6) The Sale of Immoral Publications to Children Act, ILCS Ch. 720, Act 670, §§ 0.01 et seq.
(Ord. 04-002, passed 2-19-2004)