Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Adult uses shall be permitted subject to the following restrictions.
(A) Notwithstanding any provision of this code to the contrary, an adult use shall not feature a person who knowingly or intentionally, in a public place:
(1) Engages in sexual intercourse;
(2) Engages in deviate sexual conduct;
(3) Appears in a state of nudity; and/or
(4) Fondles the genitals of himself, herself or another person.
(B) All adult uses shall be located only in industrial districts, and within the districts an adult use shall not be located within 1,000 feet of another pre-existing adult use.
(C) An adult use shall not be located within 1,000 feet of a pre-existing residential zone, single- or multiple-family dwelling, church, school, licensed day-care facility or public park.
(D) An adult use shall not be located in a building structure which contains another business that sells or dispenses in some manner alcoholic beverages.
(E) (1) An adult use shall be allowed to be open for business during the hours established for liquor license holders in the county code, or any amendments thereto, if the adult use has been issued a county liquor license.
(2) All other adult uses shall be open for business only between the hours of 12:00 noon and 12:00 midnight, Monday through Saturday.
(3) No adult use shall be open for business at any time on Sunday.
(F) (1) An adult use equipped with public restrooms shall equip the restrooms with standard toilets, sinks and other traditional lavatory facilities.
(2) No adult material or live performances shall be provided or allowed at any time in the restrooms of any adult use.
(3) Separate male and female restrooms must be provided for use by adult use patrons.
(G) Any adult use doing business at the time this chapter takes effect shall have one year from the effective date hereof to comply with the provisions of divisions (A) through (D) above.
(H) Any adult use doing business at the time this chapter takes effect shall have 30 days from the effective date hereof for the issuance of an adult use license.
(Ord. 04-002, passed 2-19-2004) Penalty, see § 113.99