Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) For the purpose of this chapter, the following definition shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
(a) Shall include any person who:
1. Travels either by foot, wagon, automobile, motor truck or any other type of conveyance, from place to place, from house to house or from street to street in the city, selling, offering for sale or taking or attempting to take orders for the sale of goods, wares and merchandise, personal property of whatsoever nature for future delivery, or for services to be performed in the future; and/or
2. Hires, leases, uses or occupies any building, structures, tent, railroad boxcar, boat, hotel or motel room, lodging houses, apartment, shop or any other place within the city for the purpose of temporarily exhibiting samples of goods, wares and merchandise and/or taking orders by telephone or otherwise for the future delivery of goods, wares or merchandise, or for services to be performed in the future.
(b) Shall not include:
1. A person who has resided in the county for more than one year last past;
2. Commercial travelers, jobbers or selling agents calling on dealers and businesses in the city; and/or
3. Persons engaged in the temporary sale of goods, wares or merchandise by the members of any service club or non-profit, charitable, religious or educational organization of the county, where the proceeds of such sale are to be used exclusively for religious, charitable, educational or benevolent purposes.
(B) No person shall be relieved from complying with the provisions of this chapter by reason of associating temporarily with any local dealer, trader or merchant or by conducting business temporarily with, as a part of or in the name of any local dealer, trader or merchant.
(Prior Code, § 115.01) (Ord. 2015-9, passed 7-7-2015)