Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The City Clerk-Treasurer may make claim payments in advance of Common Council allowance for the following kinds of expenses:
(1) Property or services purchased or leased from the United States government, its agencies or its political subdivisions;
(2) License or permit fees;
(3) Insurance premiums;
(4) Utility payments or utility connection charges;
(5) General grant programs where advance funding is not prohibited and the contracting party posts sufficient security to cover the amount advanced;
(6) Grants of state funds authorized by statute;
(7) Maintenance of service agreements;
(8) Leases or rental agreements;
(9) Bond or coupon payments;
(11) State or federal taxes;
(12) Expenses that must be paid because of emergency circumstances; and
(13) Expenses described in an ordinance.
(B) Each payment of expenses under this section must be supported by a fully itemized invoice or bill and certification by the City Clerk-Treasurer.
(C) The Common Council shall review and allow the claim at its next regular or special meeting following the preapproved payment of the expense.
(Ord. 2013-5, passed 7-1-2013)