Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A wastewater discharge permit shall include such conditions as are deemed reasonably necessary by the Superintendent to prevent pass through or interference, protect the quality of the water body receiving the treatment plant’s effluent, protect worker health and safety, facilitate sludge management and disposal and protect against damage to the POTW.
(B) Wastewater discharge permits must contain:
(1) A statement that indicates wastewater discharge permit duration, which in no event shall exceed five years;
(2) A statement that the wastewater discharge permit is non-transferable without prior notification to the Board in accordance with § 54.089 of this chapter, and provisions for furnishing the new owner or operator with a copy of the existing wastewater discharge permit;
(3) Effluent limits based on applicable pretreatment standards;
(4) Self monitoring, sampling, reporting, notification and record-keeping requirements. These requirements shall include an identification of pollutants to be monitored, sampling location, sampling frequency and sample type based on federal, state and local law; and
(5) A statement of applicable civil and criminal penalties for violation of pretreatment standards and requirements, and any applicable compliance schedule. Such schedule may not extend the time for compliance beyond that required by applicable federal, state or local law.
(C) Wastewater discharge permits may contain, but need not be limited to, the following conditions:
(1) Limits on the average and/or maximum rate of discharge, time of discharge and/or requirements for flow regulation and equalization;
(2) Requirements for the installation of pretreatment technology, pollution control or construction of appropriate containment devices, designed to reduce, eliminate or prevent the introduction of pollutants into the treatment works;
(3) Requirements for the development and implementation of spill control plans or other special conditions including management practices necessary to adequately prevent accidental, unanticipated or non- routine discharges;
(4) Development and implementation of waste minimization plans to reduce the amount of pollutants discharged to the POTW;
(5) The unit charge or schedule of user charges and fees for the management of the wastewater discharged to the POTW;
(6) Requirements for installation and maintenance of inspection and sampling facilities and equipment;
(7) A statement that compliance with the wastewater discharge permit does not relieve the permittee of responsibility for compliance with all applicable federal and state pretreatment standards, including those which become effective during the term of the wastewater discharge permit; and
(8) Other conditions as deemed appropriate by the Superintendent to ensure compliance with this chapter, and state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
(Prior Code, § 50.20(5.2))