Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following requirements must be met prior to the city assuming control and maintenance of a sanitary sewer lift station.
(1) The owner of the lift station shall pay for the expense of hook-up of the telemetry lines into the control board located at the waste water treatment plant.
(2) The owner shall install Flyte pumps (no grinder pumps) or pumps with compatible connections to Flyte pump rails and hookups.
(3) Hour meters are to be installed on each pump.
(4) All pumps must be three phase pumps with three phase line. No converters to three-phase will be accepted.
(5) The rails for each pump are to be installed and are to be made of stainless steel.
(6) Each lift station shall have an aluminum entrance door.
(7) Steps are to be installed into the wet well of the lift station.
(8) Three-way disconnect with portable generator hook-up is to be installed.
(B) Whenever a development plan is submitted for a subdivision or any other development requiring a hook-up to the city’s sanitary sewer lines and the development plan includes installation of a lift station rather than a gravity sanitary sewer, then the individual or entity submitting the development plan shall submit cost estimates for each, gravity sanitary sewer and sanitary sewer with lift station, to the appropriate body, City Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals, with the development plan.
(Prior Code, § 50.25) (Ord. 1998-3, passed 3-3-1998)