Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No person who has been granted a license under this chapter shall:
(1) Sell any goods, wares or merchandise by any fraudulent or deceptive means or practices;
(2) Sell any goods, wares or merchandise which are not owned by the licensee or by the licensee’s principal or employer or which have been stolen from another person;
(3) Enter any private dwelling in the city without the consent of the owner or occupant, or remain therein after being requested or directed to leave;
(4) Insist upon showing or selling any goods, wares or merchandise to any person after being informed that such person does not wish to purchase them;
(5) Make any false or deceptive statement on any application for a license hereunder;
(6) Fail to report and pay when due any tax owing to the city or the state;
(7) Fail to obtain any other license or permit required by statute or ordinance, or fail to comply with any other city ordinance in the conduct of his or her business; or
(8) Conduct any door- to-door residential sale or solicitation between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
(B) The following provisions shall be complied with by each licensee operating a vehicle or other means of transportation for purposes of sales or solicitation. Such licensee shall not:
(1) Make more than two stops in any one block to make a sale;
(2) Stop anywhere within 25 feet of an intersection when making or attempting to make a sale;
(3) Double park or park in any manner contrary to any ordinance when making or attempting to make a sale;
(4) Make a U-turn;
(5) Drive the vehicle or other means of transportation backwards to make or attempt to make a sale;
(6) Sell to anyone standing in the street;
(7) Permit any person to hang on the vehicle, trailer, or other means of transportation or permit any person to ride in or on the vehicle, trailer, or other means of transportation except a bona fide assistant or assistants;
(8) Remain standing or stopped at any place for a period of time exceeding ten minutes;
(9) Use of any outcry, sound, amplifier, loud speaker, radio, phonograph with loud speaker or amplifier or any instrument or device which emits a loud sound before the hours of 9:00 a.m. on weekdays and 10:00 a.m. on Sundays or after 7:00 p.m. on any day;
(10) Use any outcry, sound, speaker or amplifier, or any instrument or device which can be heard for a distance greater than 300 feet, or when passing a hospital or when passing a church or other place of worship during hours when services are being held;
(11) Operate within 500 feet of any elementary or secondary school building during the period commencing 30 minutes before classes begin and expiring 30 minutes after classes are concluded each day unless in possession of written permission of the principal of the school whose determinations shall protect the health and safety of students;
(12) Obstruct vehicular or pedestrian traffic;
(13) Leave any vehicle unattended for a period longer than one hour;
(14) Fail to provide an appropriate number of fire extinguishers, if using flammable substances in the operation of the business; or
(15) Be absent from the immediate premises, except for reasonable daily work breaks, whenever goods or services are offered for sale.
(C) The following provisions shall be complied with by each licensee operating a mobile food truck. Such licensee shall not:
(1) Conduct sales or solicitation outside of the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m.
(2) Operate in residential zoned areas of the city, except a city park during a city event after providing to the City before the start of the event proof of liability insurance which names the City of Danville as additional insured in the amount of $1,000,000.
(3) Leave any trash or debris resulting from the mobile food truck within 100 feet of the vending area.
(Ord. 7833, passed 6-4-96; Am. Ord. 8991, passed 5-5-15; Am. Ord. 9133, passed 12-5-17; Am. Ord. 9276, passed 8-4-20; Am. Ord. 9281, passed 9-1-20)