Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It is unlawful for any person:
(1) To display or cause to be displayed or have in his possession any cancelled, revoked, or suspended license or permit;
(2) To lend his license or permit to any other person or knowingly allow the use thereof by another;
(3) To display or represent as his own any license or permit issued to another;
(4) To fail or refuse to surrender to the secretary of state, or his agent or any peace officer, upon his lawful demand, any license or permit which has been suspended, revoked, or cancelled;
(5) To allow any unlawful use of a license or permit issued to him;
(6) To submit to an examination or to obtain the services of another person to submit to an examination for the purpose of obtaining a driver's license or permit for some other person.
(1) Any person convicted of a violation of this section shall be guilty of a Class A misdemeanor, and shall be sentenced to a minimum fine of $500 or 50 hours of community service, preferably at an alcohol abuse prevention program, if available.
(2) Any person convicted of a second or subsequent violation of this section shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony.
(3) In addition to any other sentence imposed under subdivisions (B)(1) or (B)(2), a person convicted of a violation of subdivision (A)(6) shall be imprisoned for not less than seven days.
(C) This section does not prohibit any lawfully authorized investigative, protective, law enforcement or other activity of any agency of the United States, State of Illinois or any other state or political subdivision thereof.
(D) This section does not apply to licenses and permits invalidated under ILCS Ch. 625, Act 5 § 6-310.3.
(ILCS Ch. 625, Act 5, § 6-301) (Ord. , passed ) Penalty, see § 70.999