Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) For the purposes of this section AMUSEMENT RIDE shall mean a mechanical device that carries or conveys passengers along, around, or over a fixed or restricted route or course for the purpose of giving its passengers amusement, pleasure, thrills, or excitement subject to regulation under M.S. § 184B.01 through § 184B.09, as it may be amended from time to time. AMUSEMENT RIDE does not include:
(1) A coin-operated ride that is manually, mechanically, or electrically operated and customarily placed in a public location and that does not normally require the supervision or services of an operator; or
(2) Nonmechanized playground equipment, including but not limited to swings, seesaws, stationary spring-mounted animal features, rider-propelled merry-go-rounds, climbers, playground slides, trampolines, and physical fitness devices;
(3) Any other amusement device regulated under § 111.03 of this code, as that ordinance may be amended from time to time.
(B) A person, firm, corporation or association must not operate an amusement ride without first obtaining a license under § 111.02 of this code, as that ordinance may be amended from time to time and providing the City Clerk with a copy of:
(1) A certificate stating that the insurance required by M.S. § 184B.02, as it may be amended from time to time, is in effect; and
(2) An affidavit attesting that the inspection required by M.S. § 184B.03, as it may be amended from time to time, has been performed. The City Clerk, upon receipt shall furnish such information to the local law enforcement office.