Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Accessory uses and facilities shall be permitted in any district where incidental to and associated with a permitted use and authorized conditional use therein, subject to the provisions of the section.
B. Accessory uses and facilities:
1. Shall be subordinate to the primary activity of the principal use or principal facility, respectively;
2. Shall contribute to the comfort, convenience, efficiency or necessity of the occupants, or the activities of a principal use, or the function of a principal structure;
3. Shall be located on the same site as the principal use or structure served.
C. Accessory uses and facilities include, but are not limited to, the following list of examples, provided that each accessory use or facility shall comply with all provisions of this title:
1. Residential garages, and parking facilities, together with access and circulation elements necessary thereto;
2. Customer, visitor and employee parking facilities, and off-street loading facilities, together with access and related elements necessary thereto;
3. Facilities for storage incidental to a principal use;
4. Recreational uses and facilities for the use and convenience of occupants or employees, or guests thereof, of a principal use or facility;
5. Newsstands, gift shops, drugstores, and eating and drinking facilities, or similar services intended solely for the convenience of occupants or employees, or guests thereof, of a principal use or facility;
6. Building management offices, when located within the principal facility and limited to the management thereof;
7. Refreshment and service facilities in parks, playgrounds, and in permitted public or private recreation facilities or schools;
8. The operation of service facilities and equipment in connection with schools, hospitals and similar institutions or uses, when located on the site of the principal use.
D. No use or facility permitted as an accessory use or facility pursuant to this chapter shall be construed to be permitted as a principal use or facility unless specifically authorized as permitted or conditional use in the district in which it shall be located. Operation, occupancy and continuance of allowable accessory uses and facilities shall be conditioned upon continued occupancy or use of the principal use or facility being served.
(Ord. 2085, § 2 (part), 2011; Ord. 1601, Exh. A (part), 1992)