Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Notwithstanding any other provision in this Code, a person may have charge, care, custody or control of any dog in that portion of Culver City Park designated as the Culver City Dog Park (the "Dog Park"), subject to all the following conditions enumerated in this Section.
A. The person who has charge, care, custody or control of any dog:
1. Must ensure the dog is currently licensed, vaccinated and over the age of four (4) months, and provide proof of licensing upon request by any City official;
2. Must not allow more than three (3) dogs to be in his or her charge, care, custody or control while in the Dog Park;
3. Must use the appropriate areas of the Dog Park designated for "Small/Timid" or "Large" dogs;
4. Is required to pick-up and dispose of the dog's feces in trash receptacles both in and out of the Dog Park;
5. Must remain with the dog at all times while using the Dog Park, and is solely liable for any and all injuries and/or damage caused by the dog;
6. Shall not permit a dog with a known communicable disease in the Dog Park at any time;
7. Shall not permit a female dog in heat in the Dog Park;
8. Shall not permit an aggressive dog in the Dog Park;
9. Must have the dog restrained by a substantial chain or leash not exceeding six (6) feet in length at all times, except while inside the fenced areas of the Dog Park; and
10. Must remove any pronged or spiked collar or choke collar from the dog prior to entry.
B. Children twelve (12) years of age and under are not permitted in the Dog Park, unless accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
C. No person shall bring a stroller, carriage, baby carrier, bicycle, skateboard, scooter, children's toy, food, dog toy, dog treat or dog food in the Dog Park.
D. No person shall bring any animal, other than a dog, into the Dog Park.
E. 1. No person shall conduct any activity at the Dog Park which may be an immediate danger to the public's health, safety and welfare.
2. Such activity must cease immediately when asked to do so by a City official.
F. 1. Smoking is prohibited in the Dog Park.
2. The inhaling, exhaling, burning or carrying of any lighted pipe, cigar, cigarette, weed, plant or other combustible substance in any manner or any form is prohibited.
G. No person shall enter or use the Dog Park when it is closed.
H. No person shall operate or conduct a business within the Dog Park, unless permitted by the City.
I. The use of the Dog Park in the City by an owner of a dog or by a person having charge, care, custody or control of a dog shall constitute an agreement, by said owner or person having charge, care, custody or control of a dog, to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City from any claim of injury or damage arising from or in connection with the use of the Dog Park, including but not limited to, injuries arising from dog bites.
J. 1. A person entering, using or visiting the Dog Park expressly assumes the risk of any injury or damage which may arise from or in connection with such entrance, visit or use of the Dog Park, including but not limited to, injuries resulting from dog bites.
2. The City shall not be liable for injuries or damages arising from or in connection with the use of the Dog Park, including but not limited to, injuries resulting from dog bites, by an owner of a dog or by a person having charge, care, custody or control of a dog.
(Ord. No. 2004-015, § 3)