Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any person required to have a building permit shall submit a complete application to the Building Commissioner.
(B) The application shall be submitted on a form prepared by the Building Commissioner and approved by the Plan Commission, and shall contain the following:
(1) Information that the Building Commissioner determines to be necessary to locate and contact the applicant;
(2) A clear and understandable copy of detailed plans and specifications drawn to scale which indicate in a precise manner the nature and location of all work to be accomplished;
(3) A plot plan drawn to scale. This plot plan shall reflect the location of the structure in relation to existing property lines and show streets, curbs and sidewalks and proposed changes or additions to the streets, curbs and sidewalks;
(4) If required by state law or any rule of the Fire Prevention and Building Safety Commission, a copy of a design release for the work to be done that has been issued by the State Building Commissioner and the State Fire Marshal pursuant to I.C. 22-15-3;
(5) Any additional information that the Building Commissioner finds to be necessary to determine that the construction will conform to all applicable building laws and will not violate any other applicable ordinances or laws; and
(6) The fee established by the town, plus the amount charged by the county for inspections, if any, which latter sum shall be paid over to the County Building Department, for the services of the Building Inspector.
(C) (1) Application for a building permit shall be made by the person entitled to obtain the permit or by an employee or agent of that person.
(2) The Building Commissioner may require that an employee or agent provide written authority to apply for a permit.
(Ord. 09-002, passed 5-12-2009)