Skip to code content (skip section selection)
12.06.01 Applicability. A Stage I development plan must accompany all applications for zoning map amendments in any Commercial (C), Industrial (I), or RU-2B, RU-1, and RU-0.5 zoning classification, except for single- or two-unit dwellings, and all applications for planned unit developments.
12.06.02 Application. The Stage I Plan must be drawn to a scale not smaller than one inch equals 100 feet and include on the plan or in accompanying documentation the following information:
(A) The total area in the project;
(B) The present zoning of the subject property and all adjacent properties;
(C) All public and private rights-of-way and easement lines located on or adjacent to the subject property that are proposed to be continued, created, enlarged, relocated, or abandoned;
(D) Existing topography and approximate delineation of any topographical changes shown by contour with intervals not to exceed five feet;
(E) Delineation of all existing and proposed residential areas in the project with a statement indicating net density of the total project:
(1) Detached housing. Location and approximate number of lots, including typical sections identifying approximate lot sizes and dimensions, and setback and height of buildings; and
(2) Attached housing. Location and description of the various housing types (such as a townhouse, fourplex, or garden apartment) including approximate heights of typical structures and the approximate number of units by housing type.
(F) Delineation of all existing and proposed nonresidential uses in the project:
(1) Commercial uses. Location and type of all uses including approximate number of acres, gross floor area, and heights of buildings.
(2) Open space-recreation. The approximate amount of area proposed for common open space, including the location of recreational facilities and identification of unique natural features to be retained.
(3) Other public and semi-public uses. Location and type of all uses, including approximate number of acreage and height of buildings.
(G) Location of proposed pedestrian walkways, identifying approximate dimensions;
(H) Location of proposed streets, identifying approximate dimensions of pavement, right-of-way widths, and grades;
(I) Location of all existing and proposed water, sanitary sewer, and storm drainage lines, indicating approximate pipe sizes. Indication should also be given regarding the provision of electric and telephone service;
(J) Certification from appropriate water and sewer agencies that services will be available;
(K) Identification of the soil types and geologic formations on the subject property, including anticipated problems and proposed methods of handling those problems;
(L) Other information that may be determined necessary for description or to insure proper integration of the proposed project in the area;
(M) A schedule of development, including the staging and phasing of:
(1) Residential area, in order of priority, by type of dwelling unit;
(2) Streets, utilities, and other public facility improvements, in order of priority;
(3) Dedication of land to public use or set aside for common ownership; and
(4) Nonresidential buildings and uses, in order of priority.
(N) The aforementioned required information may be combined in any suitable and convenient manner so long as the data required is clearly indicated. A separate plan of drawing for each element is not necessary, but may be provided at the option of the applicant.
(Ord. O-37-06, passed 8-15-06)